Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sole searching in Liliw, Laguna

Liliw... that little, middle of nowhere Laguna town is my Mecca for open footwear. Sandals, heels, flipflops... they have everything and they have it cheap! I find it hard to buy footwear for cheap. For one, I can't buy shoes at thrift shops/ukay-ukay because my feet are just too darn big (size 39-40). Liliw is heaven for me because they have my size!

liliw laguna
It was almost an hour drive from Los BaƱos, Laguna where I live. We navigated through hilly road of sorts to get there. It's literally a middle of nowhere town. There's nothing much to see except rice fields and cliffs on the way, so I camwhored.
On my face: Maxipeel conceling cream, Sansan 2-way powder. My pores are invisible!

liliw church
Parking proved a bit difficult since the streets are narrow and lined with shoe shops on both sides. We parked near the Liliw church and proceeded to the main shopping street on foot.

liliw food
But first, fuel. Need energy for a lot of bending down to try on shoes. They have an new food center now, progress! :D

liliw shoes
Dressed for the occasion. Shorts and slip-on sandals are best for shoe shopping. I wish I wore a jacket though. I didn't expect it to be so cold there. It's even colder than Elbi!

liliw sandals
On with the wares. Everything you see here cost only Php180. I dare you to beat that price. I got the grey ankle strap ribbon-y front one that you see here.

liliw sandals
liliw sandals
liliw sandals
A bunch more shoes. Price ranges from 3-for-Php100 (cheap flipflops, not in pic) to around Php400(for those prettier ones). You can always haggle, too.


liliw sandals
One store was prettier lit than the others, although there's not much difference in price. Check out those metal stud thingies. Hardware is very big in footware nowadays. Much love!

liliw sandals
I love the faux-lizard leather used for this pink peep-toes. It kinda reminds me of those lizard finish Sony Vaio Laptop I covet til now.

liliw delicacies
Out on the street they are selling... achara (pickled papaya). It cannot be explained.

liliw sandals
liliw sandals
Not everything there is stylish, of course. In fact, I would rate most of the wares pretty low on the style meter. I mean, you can browse around and pick out a couple of gems, but generally the stuff are pang-masa. Just look at those psychedelic wedges and too colorful children's shoes.

liliw sandals
But for the price, I'm not complaining, hell no! Besides, browsing through so much stuff to get exactly what you want is the fun in shopping right? Imagine a place where everything fits and you love everything. That would hurt... your purse.

liliw leather
For the cosplayers/DIY fans, they are selling raw materials too. I saw meters and meters of sheet foam rubber and leather for sale. There wasn't anyone knowledgeable managing the store so I wasn't able to get a decent quote, but I believe I can get a good deal. PS. They have Patent Leather OMG DO WANTTTT~~~~

liliw sandals
Espadrilles, cage wedges and ankle straps for PHP250-350. They all fit well.

liliw sandals
I got the Cage Wedges. Maybe a season too late, but I'm hoping people will still wear them next year. Also, it's only Php300 anyway.

liliw delicacies
Soon, it was time to buy pasalubong, as we were already happy with our shoe purchases. Well, not really. My mom was happy with her (rather big) haul, but not me...

liliw sandals
Auuuugh, the pair that got away! I really really wanted to get this but my mom decided I have a lot of heels aready and the heels are too high. Only Php330 and they have my size. *cries*

And that concludes my Liliw shopping experience. Although the trip is quite boring and the place is a bit hard to find, it's totally worth the drive. If you're up for a new shopping place and a roadtrip at the same time, I urge you to head on over to Liliw, Laguna. It's in the middle of nowhere but their footwear will definitely take you places.

Love,
-Joyce

4 comments:

  1. Oh. I love some of the shoes. I lived in LB for four years but I never had the chance to visit Liliw. I think I'll drop by soon. :) Love your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^You really should! It's a happy place! Thanks for dropping by. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been to liliw laguna million years ago =)
    my mom wanted more slippers as a christmas gift for her friends, and as a giveaway for her company staff.

    aaahhh... i can still remember the place... dikit dikit ang mga store... and we also went inside the municipal hall just to greet the mayor. i forgot the name because that was i think 10 years ago?

    very nice post =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where exactly on liliw did you find those rubber sheets? I reall ywan to buy those, going to divisoria is much harder, Thanks to you i no longer need to go to divi

    ReplyDelete