Thursday, January 14, 2010

Leetol Miss Joyce is not Happy with her Haircut.

I sorta figure that it was high time for me to get my hair cut. The ends were really dry and my fringe was nose length already. I'm actually growing my hair waist-length, like it used to be when I was younger, so I didn't want to cut off too much. Just a trim would be nice.

My friends tried out this new Salon here in our place. They said it was really interesting and so I decided to give it a try, not knowing I was up for my worst haircut experience yet.

Before

Before picture

I took photos so I could tell exactly how much they chopped off, also for comparison purposes.

The look I want:
Desired Look

I scoured my Japanese Magazine Scans (which I'll write an entry about soon ^_^) to find a photo of the haircut I wanted to get. Believe me, this was a painstaking task as I have lots of volumes to sift through. I finally settled for this one from the magazine Ray. I printed it out big and headed off to the Salon.

After:
Disappoint

I AM DISAPPOINT. >.<

I wanted a trim, I wanted the tips to be maybe an 1"-1.5" shorter! I specifically told the stylist that, but he insisted that my hair tips was too dry and had to be chopped off completely! HELLO! I WAS GROWING MY HAIR! I was going to get a treatment on it, and trim it an inch every month or so. That way I could keep the length, and just maintain the ends.

uneven short fringe

Also, the stylist seemed like he was in such a hurry. Haphazardly grabbing sections of my hair and cut. My fringe didn't even look the slightest bit the one in my reference photo. Aside from cutting it straight across haphazardly (without even asking me where I part my hair naturally), it's not slanted and it's too short! I wanted semi sideswept bangs! Arrggh!

uneven fringe

And look how uneven that is! There was this huge clump leftover from my old, nose-length fringe. I could've pointed it out to him but at that point, I just didn't want him touching my hair anymore. I wanted to cry.

I paid for my cut and just ran out the store. Lucky for that guy I could actually look good with full-forehead fringe. But I didn't want it because 1) it itches, and 2) my mom plugged my blowdryer in the wrong outlet so can't dry it evenly. I'm gonna suffer bad hair days... forever!

Ah well, not really. The good thing about hair: it grows back. Think of what could've happened if it were a rhinoplasty instead of a haircut. I am the lucky one.

Imma cut my own fringe even now. See ya!


Love,
-Joyce ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment